There are so many different offline book clubs, but in my experience it’s hard to find one tailored specifically to YA books! Where I live there is one book club open to the public – only for teens. I’ve been unsuccessful in finding adults who’d like to start one with me! So, I decided it’d be so fun to start up one here on Letters Inside Out, co-hosted by Preet over at A Written Rhapsody utilizing online tools!
At the end of each month, we’ll meet that last Saturday to discuss the book selection on Skype! (Feel free to follow #GWRBC on Twitter for any special announcements or to chat!)
July’s Pick: Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer
What happens when happily ever after…isn’t?
Delilah is a bit of a loner who prefers spending her time in the school library with her head in a book—one book in particular. Between the Lines may be a fairy tale, but it feels real. Prince Oliver is brave, adventurous, and loving. He really speaks to Delilah.
And then one day Oliver actually speaks to her. Turns out, Oliver is more than a one-dimensional storybook prince. He’s a restless teen who feels trapped by his literary existence and hates that his entire life is predetermined. He’s sure there’s more for him out there in the real world, and Delilah might just be his key to freedom.
Delilah and Oliver work together to attempt to get Oliver out of his book, a challenging task that forces them to examine their perceptions of fate, the world, and their places in it. And as their attraction to each other grows along the way, a romance blossoms that is anything but a fairy tale.
August’s Pick: The Little Woods
September’s Pick: Coming Soon!
Sign Ups are Currently Closed! Check back soon.
- You must be 13 or older. PLEASE realize we will probably do older/mature YA or “edgy” books. If this bothers you, you probably won’t want to join us.
- A love of YA books, is required.
- Skype! Talking isn’t required, but you will need to be able to at least hear and type!
- You may live anywhere, but everything will be done in English!
- Some method to obtain the book! You can borrow or buy them!
*While it’s not required, I recommend following Preet and/or me in some manner so you can watch for any updates!*
After you apply:
- We will be contacting those we select. If there are more than enough applicants, we will read over your application and select a variety of people!
- When we contact you, we’ll let you know the time/date, first book, etc!
- If you decide you don’t want to take part, that’s fine! We’ll select someone else.
Meet the Participants